Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cass Lake, Leech Lake, and all around!!!

Over the past week I had a chance to stay on Cass Lake at the Sah-Kah-Tay Resort and what a great time we had spending time with family and friends. We had a chance to get a little fishing in, catch up with friends and family, and Kristine and I celebrated 5 years of marriage. Holy Buckets 5 years! I'm probably the luckiest guy in the world that she would hang around that long! I also managed to lose my wedding ring playing football in the water with my buds. I'm in the dog house for that one! Leah, the musky Goddess, was at it again and she boated another musky with her Dad and I. I was able to go out for an hour by myself and found a new spot on Cass that produces a chubby one. My little boy Gavin at 18 months caught his first fish! That's a pretty emotional thing for me. Mom held the fishing rod and he reeled it in. After he learned how to reel it in that's all he wanted to do! What a memory!

This trip wasn't about fishing though. The Crestliner and Mercury Verado had a chance to take a break from running from spot to spot. We took a trip to Itasca State Park and took Gavin on a bike ride, had a picnic and went to the head waters of the Mississippi. Todd, Kristine's dad, cooked us Halibut from the trip he and Suzanne, Kristine's Mom, took to Alaska. It was so good! Campfires, beach, swimming, and just time with friends and family. Thanks guys for the great week!

Here are few photos from the past trip and some past guide trips!


Gavin playing in the sand!

Gavin Feeding the Squirrels.

Gavin at the Itasca State Park











A couple of Leech Lake Hawg Bellies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leech Lake - Brainerd Lakes - Mille Lacs - Gull Lake Fishing Guide

This year the L.O.A. Fishing Guide Team has expanded from Leech Lake to fishing on Gull Lake and the Brainerd Lakes Area along with the Wh...